The Community Schools Program is offering evening activities for families.
Please look at programs below and call to register at 589-2056.
Outdoor Awareness Club: Clean & Fit
Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018
For: Students grades 3-8 and parents/guardians
Time: 9-11:00 am Call 589-2056 to Register by March 5
Location: Mount Albion Cemetery (meet at the fountain in front)
Instructor: Mark Skurzewski & Jennifer McGuire
• Do you want to do a kind thing for our planet and your health? Join the Outdoor Awareness Club as we pick up trash to help beautify the Historic Mount Albion Cemetery, while walking the park-like paths.
• Are you feeling Adventurous? We will have a few fitness challenges along the way and things to leave you wanting to come back for more. Feel free to bring water and gardening gloves. Disposable gloves will be provided.
Seneca Park Zoomobile Visits Albion!
Date: Monday, April 16
For: Any Student & Family Member of ACSD
Location: ES Café (Enter through the Community Entrance in back of ES)
Register by: Call by April 12 (limited spaces) Call 589-2056 to reserve!
Cooks with Books
Come Read, Make Homemade Pizza shaped like a Fish and Create a Going Fishing Craft!
Date: Tuesday, April 17
For: Students in grades 2-4 and a parent or guardian (one adult/child)
Time: 6:00-8:00 pm
Instructors: Della Morales & Sherry Zayac
Location: Albion High School Room 100 (Use Back Parking Lot and doors)
Register By: Tuesday, April 10 by calling 589-2056 to reserve your spot!
All Participants will get one book/family and will take a craft home
Family History Event @ the Cobblestone Museum
Dates: Saturday, May 5
For: Students in grades 3-8 and a parent or guardian
Instructors: Robin Bower & Toni Plummer
Location: Meet at the Community School Entrance of the Albion Elementary School
Register By: April 24 by calling 589-2056 to reserve your spot!
• Explore Local History at the Historic Cobblestone Museum!
• Tour a One-room Schoolhouse, The oldest Cobblestone Church in the USA, An old Print Shop, A Harness Shop, And a Farmer’s Hall/Museum!
• Admission and Bus rides will be provided for each participant.
The Courage to Speak - For Parents ONLY
Date: May 17
Place: HS LGI
Don't miss this important evening as nationally renowned speaker Ginger Katz shares the story of her son's losing battle with drugs. Learn what you can do for your children and recognize the telltale signs of alcohol and drug use.
For more information, visit her website at www.couragetospeak.com