October's Physical Education Students of the Month are (l-r): Owen Hunt, James Beach, Emily Graham, Austin Narburgh, Tristan Lusk, Meredith Hollenbeck, Reese Conley, Landin Chaffee, Isabella Gray, Audrey Pask, Lillian Mathes, Jason Anstey.
The middle school physical education department teaches the following units each year: archery, badminton, basketball, cooperative games, fitness units, soccer, swimming, team handball and volleyball, as well as initiate fitnessgram testing in the fall and spring.
Physical Education teachers are Carlos Burroughs and Sara Koppenhaver.
- For students to learn, develop, and practic skills needed for success in individual and team sports/activities
- For students to gain the knowledge of concepts, principles, and strategies related to physical activity and sports
- For students to value and appreciate physical activity
- For students to know the resources available to them in their community in order to stay active
- For students to be responsible citizens who respect themselves and others
Being Prepared for PE Class:
- All students are expected to be prepared in a change of clothes (shorts/t-shirt or sweatpants/sweatshirt) and sneakers every class
- Students are provided with a locker and combination lock to use for the school year
- During swim units, students will need a swim suit and towel
- Students are graded out of 10 points daily
- Full credit is earned by being prepared, giving full effort, following directions, and being respectful
- Students lose points for: being off-task, showing poor sportsmanship, violation of class rules (no gum, no jewelry, etc.), or having a negative attitude
- The first time a student in unprepared, they receive a warning and do not lose points. Any time after that they lose all 10 points for the day