If your child needs to take medication during school hours, please contact the school nurse. Please, do not send medication to school with your child.
Before any medication may be administered to any student during school hours, it is required that:
- A written request from the parent or guardian which shall give permission for such administration and relieve the District and its employees of liability for administration of medication must be sent to the nurse.
- A written order from the prescribing physician which should include the purpose of the medication, the dosage, the time at which or the special circumstances under which the medication shall be administered, the period for which the medication is prescribed, and the possible side effects of the medication must accompany the medication. Both documents shall be kept on file in the office of the school nurse.
- All medication shall be administered by the school nurse, the principal or his or her designee.
- Medications shall be securely stored and kept in their original, labeled container.
- All medications shall be brought to school by the parent in a container appropriately labeled by the pharmacy or physician, and shall be picked up at the end of the school year or at the end of the period of medication, whichever is earlier.