Q & A
The Board does not give District money to the Library or participate in the development of the Library budget. The District vote is merely the location of the Library vote and the District, as directed by law, collects the funds Library voters approve and turns those funds over to the Library.
For questions about the Hoag Library, call them directly at (585) 589-4246.
The bus purchase will have no impact on this budget or the tax levy. Voters previously created and funded the bus reserve for future needs. This vote is required so that we may spend funds from that reserve.
The proposed tax levy remains unchanged from the current year.
The District has anticipated aid cuts as described by the Governor and plans to use fund balance/reserves to fill gaps in order to maintain all of our current programs for students.
Increases in the budget include additional funds for
- transportation contract (increase at the rate of the cost of living)
- tuition increases for students in specialized out-of-district placements
- the Board of Educations' Policy revision project
- the search and hiring of a new Superintendent of Schools
- increases to salaries and benefits