How old does my child have to be to enter kindergarten?
In order for a child to attend Kindergarten in Sept. 2021, he or she must be five years old on or before Dec. 1, 2021. If your child is already enrolled in Albion's UPK Pre-Kindergarten program, they are already registered and parents don't need to complete any other paperwork.
Kindergarten Registration (for incoming 2021):
- Registration Packets can be picked up at the District Office.
- View, download, and print the 2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration Packet here.
Return completed packets to:
What should I bring to Kindergarten Registration?
- Your child’s original birth certificate or hospital certificate (to verify birth date)
- Record of immunizations
What immunizations does my child need to enter kindergarten?
NYS law requires that all incoming kindergarten children must be immunized against diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus, rubella (measles), rubella (German measles), poliomyelitis, mumps, hepatitis B and chicken pox.
The following are minimum immunization requirements for school entry:
- (4-5) DPT (diptheria, pertussis, tetanus);
- (3-4) Polio (poliomyelitis);
- (2) MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) - two doses of measle vaccine is required and is normally given as an MMR;
- (3) Hepatitis B
- (2) Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine
Does my child need a physical before entering kindergarten?
NYS requires each child to have "entry to school" physical. Physicals can be accepted if completed after Sept. 9, 2020 and Sept. 7, 2021 is valid for the entire 2020-2021 school year. If your child has had a well child physical within this time frame, ask your physician to complete a health care appraisal form.
A physical is required for school entry within one year of the start of school.
The school wants your child's first experience here to be a positive one. The entire staff wishes the incoming kindergartners much success as they enter this exciting new phase of their lives. Please contact the main office at 589-2030 with any questions.