How to Register for the NCAA Clearinghouse
If you are planning on playing a Division I or Division II sport in college, or if you are unsure or might be playing Division III, you need to register with the Clearinghouse preferably by the beginning of your junior year.
- Go to www.elegibilitycenter.org
- Click on the blue arrow above “Register” under “Want to Play College Sports?”
- Either “Create an Account” for Division I or II or “Create a Profile Page” for undecided or Division III.
- You will then need to provide a valid email address to create an account and begin the registration process. This email address will be the user name for your account. Be sure to provide an email address that will be active even after you complete high school.
- The cost to register for a Certification Account is $80.00. The NCAA Eligibility Center accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- You are eligible for a waiver only if you have used one for either the SATs or ACTs. Please let Mrs. Garlipp know if you are fee-waiver eligible and she will submit your fee waiver documentation online.
- You will need to complete the amateurism certification questionnaire during your senior year of high school.
- Make sure that you have your SAT or ACT scores sent to the Clearinghouse through the College Board website, www.collegeboard.org or the ACT site at www.act.org. The code for NCAA is “9999”.
- To access your account in the future, simply go to the website and log in with your email and password.
- Plesae remember, YOU are responsible for making sure that you are taking NCAA approved courses and that you are monitoring your account for any important notifications from the Clearinghouse.
See Mrs. Garlipp in the Counseling Office if you need help with the registration process or if you have any other questions.