Library Media Center
Welcome to the Albion High School Library Media Center!
The mission of the Media Center is to ensure that all students and staff are effective users of ideas and information promoting literacy skills. The establishment of a safe learning environment for inquiry, study, and productive personal and academic effort is implemented to ensure physical and social structures that will benefit all student groups.
This mission is accomplished by:
- providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats to foster inquiry
- providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
Researching From Home
While you are working from home, you may run into questions about research, documentation, using databases, accessing online information, resources for reading and more.
If you have questions, you can click on the "Ask the Librarian" button below. It will send your question to Mrs. Morales and she will respond to your request.
Audible - Listen free (as long as school is out) to audio books. When you access this link, scroll to the top bar and click on "teen" or "literary classics" for your selection.
Fantastic Fiction - Need to know what the next book is in your favorite series? Looking for a new author or just simply want to know what’s new in Young Adult Literature? Then follow the Fantastic Fiction link above and find out more!
HOAG Virtual Tour - This resource will take you on a virtual tour of the HOAG Library and also allow you to register for a free library card! With this new card you will have access to even more research sources including:
- HOOPLA - Streaming Audio and e-books. Create an account using your library card information. Once your account is set up - go to recommandations to select your genres. If you are in need of a card, call the Hoag library and fill out an application by attending the Virtual Library Tour here.
- NIOGA - This will link you to the HOAG Library catalog.
- Overdrive - Get your HOAG library card and get access to hundreds of digital and audio books. All for free!
Many Books - Log in with your Google account and have access to hundreds of digital books!
NBC Learn - The educational arm of NBC News, this site is dedicated to providing resources for students, teachers and lifelong learners.
NewsBank - Helps students understand historical perspectives and how they relate to their world.
Read Print - Read all the classics on an ebook platform!
Reading Rants - Reading Rants features out of the ordinary booklists for teens. It has become a popular book review source for teenagers as well as their grown-ups. Follow the above Reading Rants link to learn more!
Rosen Learning Center - Learn how to be safe online!
Information Fluency Continuum - The link will take you to the Empire State Information Fluency Continuum for Inquirey Skills site.
Izzit - Looking for current event articles? Create and account and get access to current events, news and so much more.
NewsELA - Create an account and assign articles. Need help contact your LMS.
ERIC - Use this to help you research your health and science topics.
National Library of Medicene - Use for medical and health research.
NOAH Health - This source will also help you with all of your science/ health research needs.
Salem Press - Science, History and Health databases to add in your research.
To Facts - A collection of E-books on a large variety of topics and subjects.
Pro/Con - Understand the issues; understand each other.