Once again the Hoag Library is offering their successful summer reading program to children in the Albion area.
Children's Librarian Teresa Gaylard has done a wonderful job coordinating many virtual activities. Read on to learn more about the program.
Dates: June 20th - August 15th
Who can participate: Summer reading is for all ages, birth - adult. Fun for the whole family!
- Birth-Age 4: 25 literacy activities are planned. Children will receive a certificate for a treat at a local eatery and are entered for a drawing of a toddler scooter or Amazon Gift Card
- Pre-K-(new) 6th graders activities are planned. Children will read 15 hours and receive a certificate for a treat at a local eatery and get enter in a drawing for a new bike (2 Drawings)
- 7th-12th graders activities are planned. Children will read 15 hours and receive a certificated for a treat at a local eatery and get entered in a drawing of paint supplies and an Amazon Card and LED strip lights and an Amazon Gift Card (2 Drawings)
- Adults - are encouraged to read 10 books and receive a certificate for a treat at a local eatery and get entered in a drawing for a 39 Problems Gift Card
Virtual programming will take place Monday-Friday - Posters will be on the Library website and Facebook page.
- Mondays until Labor Day - CheckerTV episode
- June 22-24 – Morning Moves with Miss Amy
- Mondays – Story & Craft with a teacher or community member (Mrs. Beach, Mr. &Mrs. Martin, Mrs. Evelyn (UPK), Mrs. Zambito, Mrs. Prince, Mayor Banker and more
- Tuesday – WhoDunIt Clues
- Wednesday – Storytimes
- Thursday – Teen Activity (Trivia, Crafts, Book Discussion)
- Friday – Book vs Movie Discussion
For more information, go to www.hoaglibrary.org