The National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society recognizes outstanding Middle School students who demonstrate excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1912.
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is an organization that has been active in Albion for many years. Students can quality as either a 7th grader or as an 8th grader.
Academically, students must have a cumulative average of at least 93% for their last 4 quarters
- Quarters 1 and 2 of the current year
- Quarter 3 and 4 of the previous year
- And No Quarter Cumulative Average below a 90%
Students that meet these academic requirements are invited to support their candidacy for membership by completing the following:
- An Application form.
- Wrtite an Essay.
- Obtain three letters of recomendation.
Membership is granted only to those selected by the Albion NJHS Faculty Council using the information provided by the candidates in the areas of Leadership, Service, and Character as well as input gathered from the Albion Middle School Faculty, Staff, and Administration.
Albion NJHS members devote countless hours of service in their school and community. Some of the service activities NJHS members have participated in over the past several years:
- Ushered Open House
- Bell ringing for the Salvation Army during the holiday season.
- Tutoring students at the Elementary School.
- Canned Food drive in the fall to help support Community Action.
- Various activities throughout many local churches.